Do you ever get a LIM report and wonder what an earth you should be looking for?

First of all you want to find out if there has been any unconsented work done on the property. You can usually find this under building consents. Make sure any work done after 1992 has a Code of Compliance Certificate.

Towards the end of the LIM there will be a flood zone report. Make sure you are aware if the property may be prone to flooding.

These things may affect your insurance premiums.

A LIM is usually provided if the property you are looking at is going to auction. If not you can order one from the council website.

These are just a few things to look out for so it's always best to ask your agent if there is anything in particular you need to be aware of and then send it off to your solicitor to check.